Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Erick

Sasa! It's been a while I wanted to update the blog but I didn't find the time. I've been very busy again and I wanted to finish some stuff I was doing before Pili arrived.

She is here. She arrived last Saturday. I went to Nairobi to pick her up, we spent the night at Elizabeth's place and then on Sunday we went to Molo. She is spending just four days in Molo and then on Friday we go to Masai Mara, lake Nakuru and Mombasa. She'll go back to Spain on the 4th of April and then I'll go to another orphanage in Nakuru for two weeks and after that I'll spend my last two weeks in Molo. I don't even want to think about my last day here... Next week the centre closes for the Easter holidays for a month and the kids in nursery, class 1, class 2 and class 3 won't go back until May (I won't be here), so tomorrow it will be the last day I spend with them at the centre... :'( The upper classes will keep going to the centre so I'll see them. We are having a party tomorrow at the centre because of the launching of the website so Pili and I have organised loads of different games and activities for the kids.

During the last two weeks in Molo I'll go to visit the kids to their houses but, there are so many that I don't think I'll get to see all of them.

But there is one in particular I will go to visit for sure and that is Erick (the one in the picture with me). I have decided that I'm going to sponsor him once I'm back in Spain. I just felt in love with him. He's such a nice kid and he always tries to be near me.

In 2007 when the clashes arrived in Molo, Erick's mother and brothers run away leaving him behind. He was 5 at that time and he had to sleep in the streets and eat whatever he could find. He used to sleep near a church until the Pastor of the church saw him and started feeding him and finally, after a lot of difficulties, he and his wife adopted him. The Pastor also had two kids that became friends with Erick but they struggled a lot economically and Samuel and Lucy decided to take him in the centre even though the whole family is still struggling a lot.

Everyday Erick comes to say hi to me and when I play with the kids he's always there near me and holding my hand. He says thank you to me every time that I help him in class and he's very obedient and polite. He's become very found of me and I'm also very found of him.

With Lucy and Samuel we are trying to organise the sponsoring of a kid and the international donations... Sponsoring a child will be just 15 euros per month and some extra money once a year to buy the uniform of the kid. There is another option of giving a monthly donation of 15 euros a month that will go to the centre for food, text books, etc. And there is also the option of giving a one time donation. We are still organising it but... if you ever thought of sponsoring a child or giving a donation to a NGO... think about us! :)

As you see everything is going well here. Sometimes it's tough but I really enjoy playing with the kids at the centre. Today Pili and I played with bubbles and the kids went crazy.

Lucy's family have accepted me in their tribe, I'm a kikuyu and they gave me a kikuyu name: Njoki. Pili today got hers: Wanjiru.

And that's all for today. I hope there is still people following my blog as I don't see the same amount of posts I had with the first ones...

Well, time to go to sleep here.

Lala salama!
Kwaheri!

5 comments:

  1. Te nos vas a quedar ahi?(ya ves que bien hablada soy, pero tu me entiendes a que si?). Ya veo como vas progresando con el idioma, y que bien te situas, yo aun me hago un jaleo con Molo,Nairobi,Nakuru etc. Parece que ya es definitivo que te vas al otro orfanato,poco pero suficiente para mas vivencias!
    Aqui es mañana el Daffodil Day,asi que aportaremos nuestro granito.
    Que tal lo lleva Wanjiru?
    Besitos y a seguir ocupada!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful post! hey! i want a kikuyu name too! what does njoki mean?

    sorry i have been out of touch - i owe you an eMail! i'll have time today - hope the party went well - wish so much i could have been with you all!

    LOVE to ALL!

    daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Njoki! When you will be back in Spain you will definitely be bored after all the things you are experiencing..

    Are you coming back to Molo before going back to Spain?

    Looking forward to read your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Què rebéeeee... bona feina... Ptns des de terres catalanes...

    ReplyDelete