Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Monday

Today it's Tuesday, but I want to explain but I did yesterday. I'll explain in another post what I've been doing today.

Yesterday Samuel, Lucy and I woke up early because we went to Nakuru.

On the way to the matatu stage we met again the street kids, when they saw me they run towards me very happy and asked me to buy bread for them. I realised that some of them were sniffing glue so I told them I was not buying bread for them because they know I don't like they sniff glue so they throw it away. I bought them bread... but I'm sure that after the bread they most likely went to get more glue...

We went to visit Melon in Nakuru, the other orphanage. Then we met Alfie and we went to see Chelsea to New Life, the orphanage were she is volunteering. New Life was opened by two danish and the facilities they have there are amazing. Chelsea showed us around and we got some ideas for our future orphanage... There was a women crisis centre too and Lucy loved it!

Then sam and Lucy had to go to do some personal stuff and I had lunch with Alfie and Chelsea. Then we wanted to go to the slums in Nakuru but it started raining and we couldn't.

We went to Chelsea's place and after cahtting I had to say goodbye. It was hard again. Chelsea and Alfie have been my only mzungu friends and the ones that could really understand me here. I'm very happy I met them and they came to Molo. Chelsea is leaving on Saturday too but Alfie still has some weeks left and he probably will spend one in Molo :)

When I got to Molo I was walking home and I saw two kids runing towards me. They were Philip and Vivian! They came and hug me and hold my hand. I was so happy to see them! I walked with them and with their mother few meters but then I had to take a different route and the kids didn't release my hands... They are so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment