Thursday, April 1, 2010

One month left...

Jambo again!

Here we are in Ukunda, the town in Diani beach. It's so hot here. I just sweat and sweat and sweat...

Finally I rang Olivier yesterday to tell him that I was around and I was going to Diani and he invited us to his house. He is renting a house inside his friend's, Pepo, resort. We accept the invitation and the next morning the same taxi driver takes us there. The resort is just in front of the beach and it has a swimming pool... :) The house is very nice and I think I'm living in "Out of Africa" (Memorias de Africa) movie.

I like it here but it's so diffrenet from the reality I have been living in Molo. Diani is full of mzungus spending their holidays in the beach. Pepo has lived here for 25 years, he's from Barcelona and when he tells me about his life while we sit on one of the hamacs of the hotels looking at the turquoise Idian Ocean I think I'm in one of the Mikimoto's episodes of Afers Exteriors or of Espanoles por el Mundo. I'm happy because I got to see how the mzungus live in Kenya and it's so different of the african life.

Olivier is very nice to us. We are leaving Mombasa tomorrow though, we are going to Nairobi as Pili leaves on the 4th and then I'll go back to Molo, I'll take Joseph to the doctor again and then I'll spend two weeks in Nakuru.

Today is the 1st of April. I have one month left as I'll be back in Barcelona the 1st of May. I don't want to think about it... I don't want to go back... It's been very difficult at the beginning to adapt as the culture is very different but now I'm so used to everything and I like it so much! Life here is so different and, even though is not easy sometimes being a mzungu because the kenyans think you are rich and some of them keep bothering you asking for money or telling you to buy stuff from their shops... I love it here!

Oh, by the way, I didn't tell you that Pili was about to sell me for few cows to a Masai! She says the Masai like me, we don't know why, I think it's because I'm tall. But don't worry, I'm not going to become the second white Masai.

Well, time to go to the beach now... I'm literally melting here...

Sawa!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy diani but make sure to see all the other nice places around. funzi has the biggest and sweetest crabs while shimoni is one of the few places on earth you get to swim with dolphins. cheerio

    ReplyDelete