Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday

Here I am again!

Today I did something I didn't like... I packed :( Tomorrow morning I'm leaving Molo. The car is not working so we'll have to go by matatu and I'm carriyng two bags... Samuel and Lucy are coming with me though, we have to stop in Nakuru first and then off to Nairobi. Liz is in Molo too and tomorrow she's coming with us so we can stay at her place in Nairobi.

So today I didn't do much. I packed in the morning, I organised few things I wanted to leave here. Then Mary (Lucy's mum), Elizabeth (Lucy's aunt) and Liz (Lucy's sister) came home because we all were having lunch together. I forgot to say that also David (Sam and Lucy's son) and Brian (Susan's son) are here too because they have holidays at school so, counting Robert and Jemima we were 10 at home today.

We all had lunch together because today it was my last day... Then they surprised me with a cake they baked for me and it was delcious!

At night Robert slaughtered my chicken... I was supposed to watch it but... I can jump off a bridge (bungy jumping) and off an airplane (sky diving) but I'm not brave enough to watch someone slaughtering a chicken...

At night we ate it for dinner with delicious chapati that Ann cooked.

I told Lucy that tomorrow on the way to the matatu stage I want to stop and buy the tea I wanted to carry with me but she said that they wanted to buy it for me. That they tried to think about what they could give me as a present to say thank you for everything I've done but they didn't know and they don't have a lot of money right now. I told her that I don't want them to spend their money on me and she insisted that they wanted to buy it for me.

Lucy also says that Jemima is going to really notice that I'm not around anymore and she is sad for her because, actually, lately Jemima has been coming with me a lot, she wants me to hold her, she wants me to feed her and... after three months finally she is able to say my name (well... more or less...). I'll miss her too...

And that's all. I don't know if I'll be able to write again, maybe on Friday from Nairobi but I'm not sure because I want to meet another volunteer that is coming to Molo to spend one month.

As I said yesterday I'll try to upload pictures when I'm in Barcelona and, if I can't update the blog in Nairobi, I'll write another post from home explaining my lasts days in Kenya.

I can't believe this is coming to an end. I remember the day I arrived in Nairobi and how I struggled at the beginning. So many things have happened during these three months here. I can say that my three months here have been one of the most special, intens and amazing three months of my life.

But I'm starting a new adventure now, I'm going back to Spain after 6 years away... and I know it won't be easy. I'm sad because I'm leaving Kenya but I'm also excited of starting a new life and carry on with all the projects I have in mind.

The kids at the centre have fulfilled me with the energy I was lacking of during my lasts days in Ireland. I know that that energy will help me to start my new life in Spain but I know I will continue working with Chazon from the distance. I'm happy I came here. I'm happy I found Chazon. This is a real and genuine place to volunteer in. There are no NGO's or organitations behind, just Samuel and Lucy, two wonderful people I never thought I could come across. But they exist, they are not rich in money but they are rich in kindness. They love those kids and, I can guarantee, the kids love them... and how not to?!

From here I want to thank Samuel and Lucy for the amazing work they are doing and for letting me be part of it and part of their family.

Asante sana!

3 comments:

  1. it's been a joy to share all this with you. you've done so many amazing things. i know you don't believe in God - but i'm pretty confident He believes in you :)

    God Bless! AND have a safe and wonderful travel back - so proud of you HERO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iratxe ! That's THE real life ! We are so glad you did it, you realize a part of your dreams and not only dream your life ! Welcome back to spain and see you soon in Barcelona :) Marie-Jeanne and Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iratxe,

    Samuel and Lucy have no words to express how grateful they are for all the contributions you have made to Chazon, its only God who knows the change you have brought to these wonderful children. WE LOVE YOU GREAT our first born daughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete