Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday

I'm going to try not to write another long post, specially because I wrote one yesterday and I don't have that many thing to explain.

Today I went to church.

I wanted to go to Samuel and Lucy's church to say goodbye. Even though they are the Pastors of a Pentecostal church, they have been very respectful with me and very understanding when I told them that I'm not a religious person therefore I don't go to church.

Every Sunday they left me at home or in town, they headed to church and I headed to other places. But today I wanted to go because I know almost all the people of their church and I thought it was good to go to say goodbye.

But before I went to Joseph's church. His family belong to an African religion and I though it would be interesting to go and see what they do. And it actually was! Africans a veeeery religious and some of them don't understand that I'm not but they were very understanding too when I told them I wanted to be there as a cultural experience.

Their church is a very small room with no pictures or anything hanging on the walls. They don't have chairs, they sit on the floor, men on one side and women on the other side. They sing and dance very energetically clapping their hands and using drums. I said few words to all of them and then I went to Sam and Lucy's church. When they finished I was invited to say few words so I walked to the altar and I started talking. It was not easy. I had to say goodbye and I started crying a little bit again... Samuel finished the service with a beautiful speech. He said that it's not easy to say goodbye to someone you love and that for them I have become their first daughter.

Then we all walked to town and I carried Jemima the african way, hanging on my back.

We went to visit a woman that had a baby a week ago. We brought her a pacifier and a feeding bottle that I brought from Spain. They gave us a lot of food again... Poatoes with cabbages and chapati... I'm putting on so much weight just in this last week... On the way back home we met Erick that was going home. I was so happy to see him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment